Sunday, August 7, 2016

Summer Blog Promo Tour ~ Katie from Bibliophile

Hi everyone! I'm Katie and I have the book blog Bibliophile. Go check it out to read Lizzie's post for the Summer Blog Promo Tour and more! My Twitter is @KatieHarness1 ! I love coffee, collecting bookmarks, obsessed with furnishing my apartment with my husband, and I'm a Ravenclaw. For my Summer Blog Promo Tour post I'm so happy to do: Characters I would sort into the Hogwarts House of Ravenclaw! I will try to explain my reasoning concisely for nine characters. Please comment down below if you agree with my choices and what other characters you would sort as Ravenclaw or the other Houses.
Here's a great site focusing on 6 traits in regards to the 4 houses: http://6-trait-sort.tumblr.com/traitbreakdown 
 
I was sorted Ravenclaw through Pottermore and I couldn't agree more with the placement! (Though I have to admit that sometimes I feel like I could be Slytherin.) I prize wit, intellect, wisdom, and education as the highest virtues in people. Those who think before acting, even if by the time you decide what to do the moment is gone, are my kind of people. They don't use their intellect for their own greed which separates the Ravenclaws from the Slytherins (Tom Riddle was really intelligent and cunning I think, but what made him a Slytherin and not a Ravenclaw was the whole "I want to be ruler and eliminate all who I feel are unworthy because I'm evil" thing). Ravenclaws tend to be academically motivated and smart, talented students. However, they usually (unlike Sheldon Cooper) won't rub your nose in it. They know how to use their intelligence for practical purposes, but they also enjoy the pursuit of knowledge. Ravenclaws are more introverted, task oriented,  and accommodating. BTW, I want those new book covers for the House of Ravenclaw so bad!! Based on the characteristics of the House here are a list of characters I feel would be sorted into Ravenclaw:
 
  • Sherlock Holmes - Sherlock is the epitome of Ravenclaw intellect and mannerism. In all books and entertainment Holmes is portrayed as incredibly smart, independent, solitary, and witty. I think all Ravenclaws aspire to have his knowledge and to use is as successfully as Holmes.
  • Rory Gilmore - Even though Rory has had her own inner battles between her brain and her heart (she could almost be a Gryffindor if she listened to her heart more) I think she is a Ravenclaw. She is an introvert, loves learning, smart, loves reading, passive and has the Gilmore wit that everyone loves. I can't wait to see how her life has been when the new Gilmore Girls episodes are released!
  • Jackaby (Jackaby by William Ritter) - Jackaby is basically the paranormal version of Sherlock Holmes. He is intelligent regarding the paranormal and he is independent - usually side-stepping the police tapes and officers. He's a great detective and he has a whole library of texts, some of which are centuries old. It doesn't seem he has any real ambition and he is not much of a people-person.  
  • Lisbeth Salander (The Millennium Series by Stieg Larsson) - Lisbeth is super-smart, incredibly talented and seems to have no ambition. She's definitely a loner, works meticulously and works independently. She is also great at investigation and laundering money.
  • Irona 700 (Irona 700 by Dave Duncan) - Irona handles the affairs in her life with more brain than heart. She is a great strategist and military officer. At a cost to her personal life she becomes a great judge and politician. 
  • Bruce Banner a.k.a. The Hulk - He is socially awkward and emotionally reserved. He is a brilliant physicist.
  • Maven (Red Queen series by Victoria Aveyard) - Maven never really seemed ambitious (I won't go into much detail because Spoilers.) He's the intellectual brother to Cal, the loner, more reserved, and wouldn't be loyal to others/watch other's backs.
  • Sheldon Cooper (The Big Bang Theory) - Loves physics, quirky, socially awkward. He can be accommodating to others when he wants. 
  • Tyrion Lannister (Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin) - Tyrion values learning, and reading for sure. As far as I have gone in Game of Thrones he's not ambitious either.
 
Other mentions: Samwell Tarley (Game of Thrones), Obi-Wan Kenobi, Willow from Buffy, Doc Brown from Back to the Future, Prim (The Hunger Games), Spider-Man

Hope you enjoyed this guest post and visit the rest from this Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment