Sunday, August 14, 2016

Summer Blog Promo Tour ~ Amanda from Brains, Books, and Brawn

Hey everyone! My name is Amanda and I blog at Brains, Books, and Brawn! Back on July 1, my blog celebrated its first birthday. This has inspired me to look back on my favourite moments over my short time blogging and pick my top 5 to share with you today. :)
 
Without further delay, my top blogging moments (in no particular order)!

 
1. Simon & Schuster Canada’s blogger meet-up
Back at the end of June, I had the honour of going to S&S Canada’s second blogger meet-up. The other attendees were some of my favourite bookish friends so I knew as soon as I got there that I was in for an incredible day. The author guests were also some of my favs! We spent the day with Kevin Sands (aka Kevin MaJR and author of The Blackthorn Key), Kevin Sylvester (aka Kevin MiNR and author of MiNRS), and Erin Bow, author of The Scorpion Rules. We learned about some great upcoming releases, played games, had awesome food, and laughed A LOT. It was a day that reminded me how glad I am to have found this community. I was exhausted and energized all at the same time.
 
2. Fierce Reads Fall 2015 tour @ Indigo Yonge & Eglinton
This was my first major signing and it was SO cool. I finally got to meet Shelly, hung out with Joey, Patty, and Tiff, and got to hear hilarious and amazing authors talk about their books and touring together. When I got to meet them to have my books signed it was even better. Josephine Angelini loved my UK editions of her books and posed with them completing the face (which was missing half as Witch’s Pyre wasn’t even near being released yet).
 

 
3. #otspsecretsister
I have made so many cool new blog friends through being a part of this penpal/secret santa program. Not only was shopping for the sisters I sent to incredibly fun but the packages I received always happened to come when I needed them most. It always brought SO much cheer to my day. I also loved getting letters back from the blogger I was anonymously sending to. I even get to meet the first sister I sent to next weekend! I’m so excited :)
 
4. Resting Witch Face Squad
Zoraida’s street team is the first one I’ve done and it’s so fun! I love Labyrinth Lost and getting to work with her to support the book is awesome. Some of my Toronto blogger friends are also doing it and it’s funny getting to bug the ones that aren’t in the same circle and plan with the ones that are. I’ve also found a bunch of cool new bloggers to follow on Twitter. Street teams, I’ve learned are a giant fangirl fest. It’s frickin’ awesome :P
 
5. Book Blog Ontario meet-up
This was the main starting point of my friendships with local bloggers. We all gathered in a big event room at a local bowling alley/restaurant/bar and had hours to stand around a talk books. I met so many new people as I was a complete newbie when the event happened and it made me feel so connected to my new community. The people I had the chance to meet there have become some of my best friends! I never really went out or hung out before but I now frequently do things like head out for lunch/dinner with my new book friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment