Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday #56: Ten Books I Feel Differently About After Time Has Passed

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
 
This Week's Topic:
Ten Books I Feel Differently About After Time Has Passed
 
1.
Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
I liked it a lot right after I read it. But after I wrote my review, I realized that it wasn't as good in retrospect. I still plan to read the sequel, in case it redeems the series for me.

2.
Winter by Marissa Meyer
I'm not so sure if my opinion went down so much, but looking back I was a little disappointed in things. I really wanted more development with Cress and Thorn's relationship, but there wasn't much with that. My poor heart must go on.

3.
Divergent by Veronica Roth
I really liked this series, until Allegiant came out. Then the Internet was filled with spoilers that I did not like. I looked back at the first two books and thought that they were lacking something. Maybe they were, maybe they weren't, but now I don't like the series as much as I used to.

4.
Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
I, like many other middle school girls, was a Twi-hard. I was absolutely obsessed. I begged my mother to take me to the midnight release of Breaking Dawn, which I never finished. I'm not sure if I'll ever finish it. Looking back I can't believe I loved it. In my opinion, that relationship was not healthy.

5.
Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepherd
I loved this series at first, and I plan to finish it, but it's gotten tedious. How many secrets can four high school seniors have?

6.
The Selection by Kiera Cass
I was super wary of his series when I started it. I thought it was OK, but looking back, it was not good. I feel like the series just went down hill. Looking back, the series was just teenage Bachelor with vague dystopian elements.

Currently, I can't think of four more, so here are my top six. What books did you change your opinion of after time? Do we have any in common?

No comments:

Post a Comment