Sunday, December 27, 2015

Guest of the Month Club ~ Holiday Traditions

 
I'm really excited for the second Blogger of the Month, and so I will present to you Pamela!
  Hi! I'm Pamela, and you can find me at my little nook of cyberspaceA Writer's Tales. Thanks to Lizzie, and Em, from …. for coming up with #GotM.

Now, on with the good stuff.
There a lot of things I enjoy about Christmas. But my favorite tradition has always been playing Secret Santa. I mean, having dinner ALWAYS comes first, but that one is a given, so let's just go with Secret Santa.
I love it because it's not just about exchanging gifts. It's the despair of not knowing what on earth to give because 3 times out of 5 –if for example you're playing with your classmates-, you get someone who you have no idea of what he likes.
When we play it that way, the gift exchange usually takes place at a little classroom party, and the best part is when, instead of just giving each other the gifts, we have to go to the front and start describing our person. It's fun for the others to have to guess who is it. When we finally guess right, the person who receives the gift has to describe his person, and so on, and so on, until we've all spoken.
It's nothing out of this world, but it's one of those moments that actually remind me it's Christmas.

You guys know how each year it gets so increasingly difficult to feel festive during the holidays with so much work, and so many things happening. When you're not a kid anymore and the toys stop being a signal it's Christmas, you are confronted with the hard challenge of searching for another meaning to give it.
 
Sure, we all know gifts aren't the most important thing, and blah, blah, blah, but when we were kids, the 'Christmas spirit' was everywhere. Now, we have to find it in the little things, and that's not so bad either. But it's hard.
 
Secret Santa, as silly as it sounds, is one of those little things when everything they say about Christmas is actually true.

Lizzie, again! I hope you all have a great holiday season!


No comments:

Post a Comment