Thursday, September 24, 2015

Blog Tag: Secret Life of a Book Blogger

Hi, everyone! I've never done one of these things before, so I'm so excited to do it! Thank you so much to Nori from ReadWriteLove28 for tagging me! She's super nice, so don't be afraid to talk to her!

How long have you been a blogger?
I actually created my blog in June of 2013 under a different name. I posted on it a little bit, but kind of let it fall by the wayside. So in January of this year, I decided to get back to it, and changed the name, and have been working on keep up with it regularly, or as regularly as I can as a working full-time college student!

 
At what point do you think you will stop?
I'm hoping no time soon! I kind of stopped for a little while, and when I got back to it, I realized how much I loved it! Maybe I'll stop when I no longer find it enjoyable?
 

What is the best thing?
Meeting other bloggers! I've never known anyone who was super obsessed with books and loved to fangirl, so it was amazing to find others who loved to gush about them!
 
What is the worst thing? What do you do to make it okay?
I think the competitiveness. By that I mean the whole "How many views do you get?" thing. It can be disheartening when you try so hard, only to get a couple dozen views a day when everyone is talking about getting a few hundred each day. It can make you feel like you aren't as good, but you are good! You're blogging and that's all that matters!
 

How long does it take you to create/find pictures to use?
Longer than I wish! I used to use a ton of GIFs in my reviews, but now I'm trying to control myself when it comes to them. I try to wait until the end. But I do get distracted, especially when they're funny. :)
 
Who is your book crush?
Chaol of ToG! However, I'm mad at him, so it's not going too well right now. But I also love Rhysand from ACOTAR and Morpheus from Splintered. I like the bad boys. :)

 
What author would you like to have on your blog?
Pretty much anyone! Ha ha! Probably one of my absolute favorites, like Susan Dennard, Sarah J. Maas, Jodi Meadows, or Marissa Meyer!

 
What do you wear when you write your blog posts?
Depends on where I am. At home, sweats. At school, normal cloths or dance cloths if I don't have time to change.

 
How long does it take you to prepare?
Like the other, it depends. I get distracted easily, so it sometimes takes a while. What can I say? I have a short attention span!

 
How do you feel about the book blogger community/culture?
I love it! I've found so many nice and welcoming people, like Nori (who tagged me!). Of course, like with anything, it's not perfect, but you just have to find some nice people and connect with them!

 
What do you think one should do to get a successful blog?
I think it really depends on the person. I think the biggest thing to success is enjoying it and putting effort and your heart into it! However, everyone has different ideas of success, like views, as I discussed before. I try to not focus on those numbers too much, but let's be honest, they do affect us a little!

 
This was a super fun post, and I hope you all enjoyed it too!

Now onto the part that makes me really nervous and uncomfortable!

I tag...

Steph @ I Am Simply A Book Drunkard
Sarah @ The YA Book Traveller
Zoey @ Uncreatively Zoey

If you want to do it, do it! If you don't want to, you don't have to! If you see this and thought it was cool, feel free to do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment