Friday, May 1, 2015

Feature and Follow #16

Alison Can Read Feature & Follow

Feature and Follow is a weekly meme hosted by Alison Can Read and Parajunkee's View.
 
This weeks featured bloggers are Gizzimomo's Bookshelf and Paperback Opinion Book Reviews!
 
This Weeks Question:
How do you cure a book hangover/blogging slump/reading slump?
 
For getting over a book hangover or a reading slump, I usually do the same thing, which is find a book that I think I will really like (either because of great reviews or it's an author I love) or try to find the next book in the series (if there is one). That way, the plot will still be fresh in my mind and I'll be less likely to forget what's going on. I've been having a little bit of a reading slump, as a lot of the books I've been reading recently haven't really been grabbing my interest.
For a blogging slump, I'm not sure what I do. I've been having a blogging slump recently. Some reviews have felt like a chore, and I don't want to write them. However, I do continue with the weekly memes I participate in. I'm going to have to kick my butt into gear to get more reviews written!
 
What have you done to cure a book hangover or a reading/blogging slump?


22 comments:

  1. I love being able to dive right into the next book in the series too. It's so much better when you haven't forgotten a lot of the little details! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to try to do that because I don't want to get distracted by other books!

      Delete
  2. Yup, great suggestions! I fee ya! :D Happy Friday! My FF

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finding a good book usually works! Thanks for checking out my F&F!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had a few reviews too that took some work to write but mainly because I couldn't think of what to say or how to say my thoughts. Old Follower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree about the blogging slump thing. Especially in the last couple weeks while I've been writing tons of papers for school. I went through a week or so when I felt like reviewing was writing another paper, so I took a break. I never want to burn out! Happy Friday! :D

    Here's my F&F!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh that reminds me I still need to write a Shakespeare paper!

      Delete
  6. Yeah, I never found myself in a slump personally. I enjoy reading and blogging too much for that I guess. Reading was always my hobby and I never found myself in a slump. Only when there wasn't enough to read! LOL!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reading a bunch of books that I haven't been able to connect with put me into a bit of a slump recently.

      Delete
  7. With you on using reviews to help me out of a slump :)

    New follower on Bloglovin'

    Claire @ Book Blog Bird

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They usually get me pumped for a book I've been thinking about reading.

      Delete
  8. I normally watch something to get my mind off my reading/blogging slump because I won't solve anything if I try to force myself too much.Happy Friday!

    Old foillower!

    Betsy @ I Sold My Soul For Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought about watching something! Great idea!

      Delete
  9. That sounds great!
    My FF: http://bookstopcorner.blogspot.in/2015/05/feature-follow-11-my-ways-to-get-over.html

    Old Follower

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know exactly what you mean about a blogging slump as I've having a bit of one at the moment to.... I've got review to write but just can't seem to find the will and interest to do it so I am worried about the quality of recent review, I'm trying hard to make them as good as I can.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier, I'm a new GFC and Bloglovin follower

    My FFF  - Thea @ Gizzimomo's Book Shelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want them to be good, and I worry that if I'm forcing myself to do it, then they won't be good.

      Delete
  11. Totally understand reading reviews to get you out of a slump. I also love being able to continue with a series straight away, however it doesn't happen as often as I would like.
    Thanks for visiting!
    Old follower
    Lauren @ myexpandingbookshelf.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got the third book of the Everneath trilogy right after I finished the second, and it will be a little while until I actually have time to read it.

      Delete