Tuesday, June 11, 2013

"Cinder (Lunar Chronicles, #1)" by Marissa Meyer

Cinder (Lunar Chronicles, #1)5 out of 5 stars

Read March 9 to 15, 2013

Pages: 387
Published: January 3, 2012
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends

To be honest, I didn't think that I would like this book. I read the synopsis and thought that it sounded stupid. But after reading so many glowing reviews raving about how it was amazing, I thought I'd give it a try. I was so wrong. This book was freaking AMAZING! After I finished, I just stared up at the ceiling because I didn't know what to do. I was confused as to what I should do next. I didn't have Scarlet, so I felt kind of empty.

I loved Cinder. She was so cool. She didn't take any of the crap that Adri or Pearl gave her. She also refused to become one of Kai's fangirls. She was just awesome.

Peony so shouldn't have died. I don't often feel sad when a book character dies, but I felt like crying. She was the only human that knew that Cinder was a cyborg, but still loved her. I was also sad when Adri destroyed Iko. She was so cute and funny. I want her to be in the next book!

I totally saw Cinder being a Lunar and Princess Selene. There were traces of human flesh or something when everyone thought that Selene had died. If there were pieces of flesh, then if she survived, she must need to become a cyborg. Cinder also didn't remember anyhing before Garan got her. I'm so smert!
 
Cinder
The main girl who is also a cyborg. You find out at the end that she is also a Lunar, someone from the Moon, and more importantly, the supposedly dead Princess Selene, heir to the Lunar throne. Everyone hated on her because she was  cyborg. WHY?! It's not like she's hurt anyone. She doesn't take any of the crap that Adri, her step mother, or Pearl, her step sister, gave her. The only people she's close to are Peony, her other step sister, Iko, a robot, and eventually Prince Kai.

I imagined Jennifer Lawrence as being Cinder.

Prince Kai
For a prince, he was suprisingly, in a good way, not a total douche. I was so happy about that. But when he got all mad a Cinder for being a cyborg and a Lunar, then he was on my hit list. I wanted to smack him so badly!!!


photo: Seriously, I’ma slap the shit outta you.

Peony
I loved her sooooo much!!!! WHY DID SHE HAVE TO DIE!?!?!?


Iko
She was also amazing! She was like Cinder's little fairy godmother! She was adorable!!! SHE BETTER COME BACK!!!!

Overall this book deserves more than 5 stars. It kept the essence of Cinderella, but in a way, was a totally different story. I can't wait for the next books! But 2014 and 2015 can't come soon enough!

I found these while looking up the cover




I WANT THESE!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed this book! I wasn't sure as I thought it would be cliche... But it really wasn't! Poor Peony... I loved her a lot too!! :(
    Nice review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you soooo much for commenting! This is my first comment! Thank you!!

      Delete